Transfer Degree-Seeking Student
Your ultimate goal? A degree or certificate from NCC.
Transfer students who wish to earn a degree or certificate must complete an application for admission, provide all required documentation and pay the application fee by the completion deadlines listed below.
- Who HAVE NOT attended another college/university since enrolling at NCC and are returning within a year, may register without re-applying.
- Who HAVE NOT attended a college/university since their enrollment at NCC and have not enrolled at NCC for at least one year:
- Who HAVE attended another college/university since enrolling at NCC:
The completion deadlines listed below are for general admission. Certain degree programs have earlier deadlines, be aware of them when applying. Completed applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. APPLY EARLY. Nassau Community College reserves the right to close admission at any time, do not wait to apply.
If a deadline falls on a weekend, applications and all supporting credentials are accepted through the following Monday.
- Summer Semester: Must apply, submit all documents and meet with an Admission Counselor no later than 2 WEEKS before classes begin.
- Fall Semester: AUGUST 15
- Winterim: Non Degree-Seeking admission ONLY
- Spring Semester: JANUARY 5
Acceptance as a transfer degree-seeking or "matriculated student" in a particular program indicates that the student has met all admissions requirements necessary to be a degree or certificate candidate in that program. All degree candidates must be high school graduates or hold a General Educational Development (GED) Certificate. The Office of Admissions reviews student eligibility prior to admission.
Follow our Steps for Success Guide to help you through the admission process.