Electives for Liberal Art Majors
The liberal arts programs at NCC require 66 credits, including electives. The number of elective credits you need depends on your major (AA or AS) and how you fulfill your other attribute categories.
- Any credit-level course can be counted as a general elective.
- If you have completed the requirements for a specific attribute category and take additional courses within that category, they will be counted as elective credits.
- If a course does not fit into any required attribute category, it can only be counted as an elective.
Courses from the departments listed in the list below are electives only, with a few exceptions.*
- Accounting (ACC)
- Administrative Business Technology (ABT)
- Allied Health Sciences (AHS)*
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Business (BUS)
- Civil Engineering Technology (CET)
- Computer Processing (CMP)
- Computer Repair Tech (CRT)
- Computer Science (CSC)*
- Criminal Justice (CRJ)
- Education (EDU)*
- Electrical Engineering (ELT)
- Engineering Science (ENS)
- Fashion Buying & Merchandising (FBM)
- Fashion Design (FSD)
- Fire Science (FRS)
- Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Health, Physical Ed. & Recreation (HED)* and (PED)
- Hospitality Business (HTL)
- Human Services (HMS)
- Information Technology (ITE)
- Interior Design (INT)
- Legal Studies (LAW)*
- Marketing (MKT)
- Multi-Disciplinary Courses (MDC)*
- NCC College Experience (NCC)
- Nutrition (NTR)
- Retail Business Management (RET)
- Security Administration (PSA)
- Student Personnel Services (SPS)
*Some of the courses in the departments marked with an asterisk may also be used for other requirements. Check course attributes in MyNCC/Banner.